MY ONLINE FRIEND - Do you believe in miracles?

I have this older guy friend who is so dear to me. We had never seen each other in real life for more than four years of friendship until his wedding day came. So, before the miracle part, let me tell you why he is so special? Until today, I still wonder how someone I got to know through tinder became my friend and now a good friend all through just WhatsApp conversations. No phone calls or random facetime but only through texting. Funny, but this is the truth. When we swiped right on tinder, he was still single, and most of the time, I barely continue texting a guy from that dating app for more than two or three days.

I find it hard to convince myself that I am texting the right guy. I don't know how we both made progress in building such a good bond between us, but that's how life works, isn't it? And unexpected introductions are the best when it works, and it worked between us. Throughout these years, he has never failed to make me proud of having him as a friend, someone I know and trust. I have shared my deepest secrets, my pain, the continuous ranting of my brown family members, all with him. He has always known his way to soothe me, pour me a tremendous amount of mature advice, and calm me down in a cute way that has never been annoying. I won't lie that even I have told him once to find me a guy like him. The best part is that there are no attachment issues for me when it comes to him. He knows how and when to give enough attention and assurance to an insecure person like me. He never texts me often, but he always replies on time and pays attention to me when he does. All we need is a good listener and rational opinions, and he is that person. Guess he has gotten enough compliments at this point, haha. 


Let me move on to the part where I assume it's a miracle. My friend found his soulmate; I don't know when but I bet it was a few years ago, and they are indeed a match made in heaven. I would say she is so lucky, or maybe he is too. It is always me who rants about us haven't seen each other in real life yet. Bloody insecurities, haha. So, last month, he sent me an invitation to his wedding, and I felt appreciated. Of course, you can't invite everyone to your occasions during this Covid pandemic unless you are so prepared to be notified as "positive". I was so excited since I was back in my hometown for semester break, and his wedding was in Ipoh, which is an hour's drive from my place. Unfortunately, I ended up in my dad's house in Ipoh (my parents got divorced, and I have been staying with my mom since the age of 10) on the week of his wedding, and I was so confused. I was scared to open up to my dad, and even if I did, I was afraid of his reaction, and unnecessary questions like how do I know him or do I really have to attend. I couldn't come up with a decision and told him that I couldn't make it. He wasn't really disappointed since we can always meet up some other time. I apologized, and he was fine with it. 

On the day of his wedding, I decided to go back to my house. I visited my aunt, who is also in Ipoh, before that. Okay, this is it. My aunt was out shopping, and she came back home an hour after I reached her place. My uncle was already telling me that they have a wedding to attend, his friend's son. When my aunt came back home, she didn't allow me to decide if I wanted to follow them or not since my plan was to drive back home after the visit. Another important detail, I brought nothing with me, no saree, no earrings, except my makeup pouch. She started going through her wardrobe for a nice outfit for me. I could do nothing but accept her invitation, and we both finally agreed on a yellow Punjabi suit. While I was putting on my makeup, it struck me that it was my friend's wedding too on that night. With zero expectations, I ran to my uncle and asked him what the groom's name was.

When I heard my friend's name, I was on cloud nine. Believe me, I got freaking goosebumps. I ran to my aunt downstairs with so much excitement to share this happiness of mine. Like can you imagine? My disappointment vanished at that very moment. I was even thinking about with whom shall I attend his wedding before this, and realizing that it would be with my close relatives was so overwhelming. Yet, I can't deny I did feel bad for wearing a Punjabi suit instead of a saree which was my choice initially. But who the hell cares about that when I was already going to meet him for the first time. So, we all attended the wedding, and I was so happy when I saw him. That face, my good friend in Veshti Sattai. I was constantly grinning throughout his entry walk. After dinner, I followed my aunt and uncle to the stage to give him the money gift. He didn't notice me until I stood right in front of him to congratulate him on his wedding. He had this surprised look on his face for a second before thanking me for coming. I shook his hand, and nothing felt better at that moment. It felt real. It made me realize and accept that my online friend is real. After moving on to the bride, I just walked away to wish her a happy married life. Of course, I was not planning to embarrass myself on the stage before his wife and family. I went back home feeling overwhelmed that night. My inner self was constantly thanking the Universe for this amazing experience. The end, HAHA. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY BLACK CLOUDS CAME...